Saturday, June 2, 2012

NEWBIE Hexacopter Build

After weeks of review, research and more web search, I bought a DJI Flamewheel 550. It's a hexacopter that is almost ready to fly. We'll I'm currently preparing all the necessary items for the build and it seems that it is not literally "almost ready to fly". There are alot of things that needs to be purchased, and I'm very much thankful that most of the electrical stuff needed for the "build" are readily available in the nearby hardware stores such as wilcon depot and ace hardware.

As an RC newbie, (this is literally my first time to have an RC), I found out during my build process that there's no detailed procedural description on how to build the aircraft. So on my future blogs I'll post the step-by-step tasks for the hexacopter in my future blogs, but for now here's the run-down of the list of components that I have.

Frame: DJI F550 Hexacopter
Motor: DJI 2212 / 920KV
ESC: DJI ESC Opto 30A 3S-4S
Controller: DJI NAZA
TX: JR XG8 DMSS
RX: JR RG813B
Battery: Aplus 3S1P 3000mah 20C and Tiger 3S1P 11mah 25C
Charger: IMax B6 Balancer 1S to 6S
Camera Mount: Alware 3Axis FB V2
Servo: Align DS410M Digital Servo
Camera: GoPro Hero2 HD
AV TX & RX: FPVRT 1.2G 800mW

Other things needed for the build:
a. Soldering Iron
b. Shrink tube
c. Scissor, blade, screw driver etc.
d. a lot of Patience

Also, there are several jargons (acronyms) that are way beyond my comprehension during my first build so I'll be creating a short description on these in the future. I hope that my blogs can help "first time multi-rotor builders".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you very much for your comments.